- Interpret and communicate customer quality system requirements to division and plant personnel that must be met upon initial submission of specific parts and on-going performance requirements
- Establish and monitor metrics that quantify and quality and delivery performance to our OE customers.
- Recommend and advise plants regarding policies, procedures and work instructions to comply with ISO requirements.
- Assure that product is designed according to the APQP process and comply with customer specific requirements.
- Represent the quality function during launch phases for all products.
- Review customer drawings and technical requirements prior to PPAP phase to assure that customer requirements are clearly stated and understood.
- Co-ordinate the PPAP process for North American plants to meet customer submission targets.
- Promote standardization and error-proofing of equipment, materials, components and processes to continuously improve the quality of finished parts.
- Support CMT (Channel Management Teams) by providing quality support and data during monthly CMT meetings.
- Investigate reason for customer/field complaints, provides written/verbal response, co-ordinates corrective action implementation in design or manufacturing process.
- Visit locations, sub-contractors, customers or field locations to better understand causes for complaints, particularly those that may be manufacturing related.
- Monitor customer rejected material notifications and accumulates data into PPM. Track performance data to target levels and identify improved procedures, equipment, materials to error-proof processes.
- Facilitate analysis of business processes that cause customer complaints that are the result of errors made at the division level.
- Evaluate recommended changes to manufacturing processes or components to assure that the change will not affect manufacturing process or finished part performance.
- Conduct and/or coordinate quality sorts at third party distribution warehouse or customer facility.
- Assess quality system effectiveness and efficiency of assembly operations and division offices.
- Follow up with operations regarding containment actions and corrective/preventive actions implemented as a result of quality problems experienced by assembly operations, OE customers or field performance.
- Conduct audits to ISO/TS standards or customer requirements assembly operations.
Use statistical tools and other problem solving methods to analyze procedures, processes and product to reduce or eliminate sources of variation.
- 4 years progressively responsible Manufacturing/Engineering experience.
- BS Engineering or Operations