Pinnacle Partners is working with a client seeking to hire a Data Scientist. This is a newly created position in which will have employees who are more junior they will lead. They will provide guidance and direction for the growth of the healthcare business unit. This company values its employees and offers great training opportunities, benefits, and pay combined with a good work life balance.
- Leverage large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tactical and strategic insights.
- Collaborate with analytic and data teams to set objectives, approaches, and work plans.
- Research and evaluate new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions. Develop and validate statistical forecasting models and tools.
- Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as applied statistics, mathematics, management science, engineering, economics, computer science, or operations research (Master’s degree required, PhD preferred)
- 4+ years’ experience in advanced analytics and model development and validation. This includes standard regression techniques for forecasting, as well as machine learning approaches for classification and regression.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python (strongly preferred) or Lua. Previous work with Python’s numerical computing stack and machine learning libraries is a big plus.
- Experience with a statistical package such as R, SAS, or Matlab.
- Experience writing SQL queries and linking SQL and Python or R to enable read/write to the database.
- This is a direct hire position with a salary of up to 175k based on experience. They also offer bonus potential, a strong benefits plan with very competitive insurance, 401K, PTO, etc.