Final Quality Inspector
Design and manufacture of parts for aerospace, defense, commercial power generation, and Naval Nuclear power generation.
- Final Inspection; final verification of parts, including First Article Inspection (familiarity with AS9102 FAIR forms preferred), to validate the parts to the OEM or master drawing. May require 100% inspection of all characteristics, or may be based on sample plans. Individual will be trained for specifics for this positions requirements.
- Experience with hand measurement tools; i.e., micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, surface plates, etc.
- Able to read and understand blueprints (mechanical drawings).
- Good math skills; i.e., decimals, fractions, tolerances, capable of understanding/learning some geometry (circular measurements, such as pd, p2r, pr2, etc., for coordinate measuring machine and optical comparator training)
- Previous inspection experience a plus, especially in a metal-working or machining environment.
- Previous work experience in aerospace/aviation environment will ease inspection training.
- Self-starter, work with little or no supervision once job is understood.