- Perform Transformer testing including Transformer Turns Ratio, Insulation Resistance, Winding Resistance & Power Factor/Excitation tests.
- Perform Low Voltage Circuit Breaker testing including Insulation Resistance, Contact Resistance, Secondary Injection & Primary Injection tests.
- Perform testing on basic Voltage & Current Protection Relays.
- Perform Medium Voltage Circuit Breaker testing including Insulation Resistance, Contact Resistance, AC/DC Hipot & Insulation Power Factor tests.
- Perform Medium Voltage Cable testing including Insulation Resistance, AC/DC Hipot, & VLF/Tan Delta Hipot tests.
- Perform Medium Voltage Cable Terminations, Splices, T-Body & LB Elbow installations.
- Assign equipment valuations based on test results obtained and NETA/Manufacturer’s Acceptance Criteria.
- Be proficient with equipment Control Schematics, Wiring Connection & 1-Line Diagrams.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot & repair equipment problems based on testing results obtained & equipment drawings.
- Perform Low Voltage Circuit Breaker disassembly and reassembly.
- Safety Orientation
- Customer 1st Orientation & People Skills
- Mechanical/tool skills
- 1-Phase & 3-Phase Power
- 24-Hour “On Call” Availability/Response
- 6000 Hours of High Voltage Testing Experience
- Pass IBEW Local 481 Test Technician Exam
- Complete 3-Year Apprenticeship Training Program through IBEW NJATC