Pinnacle Partners is assisting our client in a search for an Information Security Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to help proactively implement, update, and maintain network and systems security operations throughout the environment. This additional resource will also get the chance to participate on the security incident response team. The successful candidate must have a solid comprehensive knowledge of the OSI networking model and TCP/IP protocols.
- Perform change control and device configuration management activities on all security hardware.
- Provide management level reporting of firewall and Intrusion Protection System (IPS) activity on a periodic basis.
- Actively protect the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of customer, employee, and business information.
- Provide vulnerability and threat management monitoring and mitigation response.
- Participate in tactical and operational planning of vulnerability assessment activities.
- Assist Senior and Lead Security Engineers in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques.
- Will act in a supporting role in the execution of EIS projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in IT/Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of network security best practices and Firewall administration, with a special emphasis on Check Point Firewalls
- 2 years of security device management
This is a contract to hire role with an hourly up to $60 per hour based on qualifications.