Location: Plainfield, IN
We are committed to providing the highest customer satisfaction by producing zero defects, and getting the job done right the first time. We are seeking a creative and talented Maintenance Manager for our company.
The selected candidate will lead, supervise, and coordinates all maintenance and facility maintenance activities for two tier one automotive plants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties assigned.
- Direct all maintenance activities (operating equipment and facilities) for two manufacturing plants.
- Assist with the preservation of the capital asset.
- Prepare an annual maintenance budget that forecast maintenance items to ensure that the plants meet annual electrical generating capacity requirements as set forth in the budget and as regulated by contract with the contracting electrical utility.
- Administer the operation of the Company’s computerized maintenance system to ensure that maintenance is accurately scheduled and assigned.
- Manage outside contractors and vendor activities as needed to ensure efficient use of facilities, equipment and facilities repair, and other related activities.
- Manage repair parts and equipment, materials, and items necessary for the proper maintenance of the building and production areas.
- Ensure that an accurate history of the maintenance performed is recorded and available for future reference.
- Hire, supervise and discipline Maintenance Department personnel as required to support the operation of the plant.
- Develop and support maintenance associate training and employee development.
- Plan long and short term maintenance projects that are necessary to ensure this plant’s ability to meet contractual obligations.
- Coordinate scheduled maintenance as not to conflict with plant operational requirements.
- Produce reports as needed of the current material condition of the plant and what if any limitations on generating capacity that have been imposed.
Provide leadership for the maintenance department. Follows and supports company policies and procedures. Provides a vision of what areas are needed to improve the plant which includes the operating equipment, the facilities and employee needs.
Responsibilities include assist in interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to oversee multiple shifts, work with all departments and be very flexible.
- Strong leadership, direction and insure proper procedures and training for all Members to include all regulatory and safety procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of independent decision-making skills tempered with solid ethics and integrity.
- The ability to lead and direct associates in a proper progressive manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
Experience with CNC machining, AutoCAD, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, reading wiring diagrams, industrial controls and robotic interfacing a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word (CMMS experience a plus).
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, business journals or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to stand, walk, sit and talk and hear. The associate must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Engineering/Manufacturing Account Manager