Location: Indianapolis, IN
Compensation: Up to $135k + bonus potential
Pinnacle Partners is working with a client seeking to add a Manager of Database Administration. This successful candidate will be responsible for providing direction to a team of Database Administrators that are responsible for maintaining the corporate critical and non-critical databases. This person will collaborate with departments to understand corporate data requirements and define strategies to ensure the integrity and security of corporate data.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of management experience or a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing an Information Technology team with an emphasis in database management.
- Specific experience with Oracle or SQL Server database environments, Linux, UNIX, or Windows operating systems, and an understanding of ITIL; ITIL foundations certification preferred.
- Will work closely with IT departments to understand and define corporate database platforms and technical configuration.
- Work with internal and external customers to coordinate and meet business, technical, and functional requirements in a highly-available, mission- critical database environment.
- Coordinate the identification, implementation, and maintenance of processes, procedures and tools for database administration and information management.
- Oversee and direct the management of multiple versions of database systems to support varied IT functions such as testing, reporting, and training.
- Collaborate with the development teams to identify and develop action plans to support database code optimization and tuning of SQL, PL/SQL and other programming functions.
- Develop plans to ensure that the database team provides prompt diagnosis and resolution of infrastructure issues that have an impact on critical and non-critical applications.
- Analyze and evaluate current database environments, technologies and new capabilities to meet business goals and stakeholder needs.
- Responsible for understanding and managing the corporate database technology licenses.
- Ensure that all corporate change management and security procedures are understood and executed by the database team.
- Prioritize and manage backlog work to address outstanding issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop, implement, and manage the DBA on-call support of corporate databases.
- Establish and maintain a culture of continual service improvement within the team, utilizing ITIL best practices.
- Prepare department budgets and forecasts ensuring effective and efficient use of resources.