Pinnacle Partners is working with a growing company in the Indianapolis area who provides medical billing services to surgical centers across the nation. They are in need of experienced Accounts Receivable Collectors. To succeed in this role, you must be able to work with little to no supervision and keep up with a fast paced environment.
- Primary functions are credit balance management, patient balance resolution and non-patient (insurance) resolution
- Accurate and timely follow up and resolution for all accounts receivable.
- Meeting and maintaining cash collection metrics and goals.
- Maximize facility reimbursement.
- Understand each payer contract and utilize to ensure payments received are correct.
- Understand and explain the Explanation of Benefits received from any payer.
- Work closely with payer provider relations representatives.
- Handle contracted and non-contracted; HMO, PPO, EPO, POS, Worker’s Com., self-pay and third party reimbursement issues.
- Effectively and independently handle second level reimbursement issues, contracted and non-contracted denials for serviced before and after procedures.
- Work all denials and corrected claims collaborating with the biller and/or Business Office Manager, insurance payers and/or patients on past due accounts.
- Follow center policies, procedures, and best practices for resolution and reassignment of accounts. Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology and health insurance billing.
- Have ability to communicate effectively with patient, physicians, and other teammates.
- Two or more years of experience in medical collections
- HS Diploma
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work independently