SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining and operating all equipment by performing the following duties
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Computes amounts of in-process stock and line supplies required for operations, based on production schedule, and requisitions material from storage area.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to worker, and assigns duties.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to ensure products meet standards.
- Establishes or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Create work instructions and carryout instructions as required.
- Support and participate continuous improvement programs for Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Associates as part of their accountability to monitor controls effectively to meet requirements, and to report to department management as to compliance with these requirements.
Directly supervises employees in the Manufacturing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigned, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving– Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem soling situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Delegation– Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Give authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback.
Communication- Must be able to report any and all issues concerning lines or product with members of upper management. Must take an active role and participate in meetings as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
The preferred background would include a Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology related field with 3-5 years of manufacturing supervisory experience.
Computer and Technology Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, business journals or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as: probability and statistical inference, and ability to apply concepts such as: fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.