Location: Indianapolis, IN
SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates activities of associates engaged in maintaining and operating all equipment by performing the following duties
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand and be able to assist associates on performing preventive maintenance assignments.
- Be able to perform machine set up and operate machinery in a safe manner.
- Understand and be able to operate and assist individual process stations on all equipment
- Capable of clearing all faults and restarting machine.
- Inform Production Manager of any and all quality issues
- Accurate completion of paperwork and data entry
- Maintain 3S3D standards, and continuously work on improving
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Monitor absenteeism and maintains time and production records.
- Develop and maintain cross training of associates to include maintaining and keeping records of progress (Training Matrix)
- Write and update Standard Work Instructions and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis.
- Associates as part of their accountability to monitor controls effectively to meet requirements, and to report to department management as to compliance with these requirements
- Controls and maintain all TPM Goals (Safety, Scrap, Customer Defects, In-Process Defects and Downtime Frequency)
- May have responsibilities for following all RCRA aspects of packing, labeling, handling, and manifesting hazardous waste.
- Supports and participate continuous improvement programs for Health, Safety and Environmental.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum two years manufacturing experience; experience in Continuous Improvement Environment a must
Leadership and decision making skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Trouble shooting skills
Problem solving skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint knowledge a plus.
Directly supervises associates on specific manufacturing lines. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigned and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to read and analyze information. Ability to write reports and work instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as: probability and statistical inference, and ability to apply concepts such as: fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and / or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Engineering/Manufacturing Account Manager